Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day Four

Tuesday was our first full day at the school. We started our morning by being introduced to the school...the entire school...all 3200 students, plus 140+ teachers and staff. It was a little nuts. For sake of scale, the stage is down in the lower left corner, and the assistant director is speaking...

I'm also getting used to Thai food. As long as I don't eat anything spicy I'm doing good. I have, however, eaten more rice in the last three days that in possibly my entire life... Fred was at the school yesterday and we went out with the science department for dinner. We had five dishes, each of which was amazing, but the chicken cashew was the highlight of the meal. I have never had chicken so tender in my life...


This is the view from the fourth floor of the school (of seven floors) looking out into Bangkok. The contrast is high, so it's tough to make out some of the tall buildings. The actual downtown is off to the left out of sight.

No comments: