
Me at the school Friday afternoon before departing for Pattaya.

The crew at the Marine Museum (aka aquarium) at the University. CW from top: Carrie, Me, Sarah, Ana, Earth, Mark, Britta, Tukta, Melissa, Ying, Tracy.

We ran out of room in the cab, so Carrie and I took to the tailgate for our trip to the hotel. Scooters and motorcycles are so common all over the cities! It's odd to be sitting in stopped traffic and have cycle zooming by in between the lanes...it's something that's a little different than home.

The view from the beach! The hills in the distance were absolutely beautiful as a backdrop. Sadly, there was not a great sunset, as the clouds began to move in. Hopefully Phuket will give us an opportunity for some more great ocean shots.

I finally got to really break out my underwater camera case, and it is awesome! Yes, I was really this close to a jellyfish, and no, it did not attack me. There was a band of jellyfish feeding in the beach as the tide was coming in. Absolutely beautiful to look at, and not exactly poisonous, but not something I wanted to risk...

Even though it was just submerged under a bit of water, the little rock outcrop was teaming with life!

One of the few pieces of coral found just at the edge of the private beach! Hopefully it's not the last coral I see on the trip.

The science cohort plus Mark! (Me, Sarah, Melissa, and Ana!!) We were the only ones who wanted to take a swim when we got to the hotel. This pool was about 15 feet off the beach!

A close call with the camera, but this big guy was harmless, and I don't think the camera would really be one of his preferred food choices anyway...

The elephant and I were on good terms after about three bunches of bananas.
1 comment:
I am super jealous of your underwater shots!!!! They make the jellies look even SCARIER!
Post a Comment